Monday, January 24, 2011

LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN

TITLE:  LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN
AUTHOR:  Colum McCann
GENRE:  Fiction
PAGES:  349
FORMAT:  Kindle
RATING: 4.5/5
*****Book Club Read*****










I would give this book 4 1/2 stars. It took a little while for me to get into it though. The point of view kept changing. I liked how the author wove the lives of everyone that told the story together. It was very interesting that he wrote a story based on a real life tight rope walker in 1974. That is a strange thing to create a story around. It worked. I have to say that my favorite point of view was Tillie. It was the most interesting read. I would recommend this book. It's not really one that I would have chosen for myself, but that is what book club is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment