Thursday, November 11, 2010

LITTLE BEE

TITLE:  LITTLE BEE
AUTHOR:  Chris Cleave
GENRE:  Fiction
PAGES:  288
FORMAT:  Kindle

RATING:  3/5
*****Book Club Read*****










I read this book for book club. I did not like the book. I was going to give it 2 stars, but I did want to see how it ended so I'll give it 3. It is about a Nigerian refugee named Little Bee. She goes into a detention center and is let out after 2 years. She has a driver's license from a man that she met on a beach in Nigeria. She calls him when she is let go and says she is coming to visit. When she arrives there, she is welcomed in by Sarah, the man's wife. From there, Sarah tries to help Little Bee become free. I did not like Sarah. She had been having an affair on her husband and thought it justified. I just had no feelings for her at all. I did not like her. 

This book drug on a little and seemed a little hard to read for me. I would not recommend this book at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment